July has been a bit of a slower month. Standing policy committees don't meet in July, nor do most community associations or advisory committees. This has meant a bit of time to enjoy the sun, and also to catch up on files that require a bit of dedicated attention. Meetings resume tomorrow (out of schedule). See below for an agenda-in-brief and the schedule for tomorrow's Council meetings.
I hope you've also had a chance to switch gears and enjoy some of what our fine city has to offer in the summer! Some highlights for me lately were the FIBA 3X3 basketball tournament downtown, and a Theatre in the Park performance I was able to attend in Pleasant Hill Park!
Ward 2 updates:
- July 10th storm : Council will decide whether to apply for Provincial Disaster Assistance tomorrow. I am in support of this and have heard from a few residents who would make use of this coverage should it be granted by the province.
- Montgomery Place : The City of Saskatoon, Neighbourhood Planning Section is looking for further input in the formulation of the Montgomery Place Local Area Plan (LAP) that specifically relates to Land Use, Housing and Infill in the neighbourhood. Fill out the survey here, or request a paper copy from email@example.com. Survey closes July 31.
- Caswell Hill : There have been lots of questions about the very concentrated Lead Service Line and Watermain projects in the area around Ashworth Holmes Park. I've provided an update here, and am open to questions anytime.
- Meadowgreen : community safety audits of parks and other areas stemming from the recently completed Local Area Plan will be taking place in August. Watch your mailbox for a neighbourhood-wide flyer, and I'll provide some details next month.
City-wide updates & happenings/Consultations to participate in:
- Building Better Roads Survey: provide your feedback and priorities here: surveymonkey.com/r/2017bbr.
- Is there a pothole or two on your commute driving you bonkers? Report a Pothole online! You can also report potholes by calling 306-975-2476
- City Council meets tomorrow Wednesday July 26th. This meeting is not consistent with the regular schedule, and due to short agendas the times have been adjusted. Please note meeting times along with a brief overview of what will be discussed below.
- Public Hearing meeting | 1:00 PM
- Consideration of the Brighton neighbourhood 'Village' concept plan with appropriate rezoning / plan amendments
- Consideration of the proposed Hampton Village neighbourhood 'Business Park' Concept Plan
- Regular business meeting | immediately following the Public Hearing
- Award of contract - Bus Rapid & Conventional Transit Planning, Design and Engineering Services
- Rotary Club Gazebo project
- Provincial Disaster Assistance Program
For full agendas, visit https://www.saskatoon.ca/city-hall/city-council-boards-committees/council/minutes-and-agendas
Need to talk to the City?
Find a list of citizen service phone numbers here.
You can now find all of the online services available on the City's site on one page here.
The 24hr service line is 306-975-2476
My 2017 Appointments:
Please note that these appointments help to focus my work, but do not limit my scope.
Strategic Priority: Community Safety and Wellness
Standing Policy Committee on Planning, Development and Community Services
Standing Policy Committee on Environment, Utilities and Corporate Services
Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee
Saskatoon Accessibility Advisory Committee
Saskatoon Public Library Board
Riversdale Business Improvement District
Saskatoon Housing Initiatives Partnership
Saskatoon Ideas Inc. Board of Directors
Federation of Canadian Municipalities: Standing Committee appointment (specific committee TBA)
Don't hesitate to write, call, or catch me in person to discuss an issue or ask any questions you might have. If you need to speak with someone urgently, please consult the list of phone numbers above, or call the Clerk's office: 306-975-3240
Do you like this page?