May is well on its way, and summer just around the corner. While there is a bit of a summer slow down coming up (council calendar here), there's lots on the go. Read on!
Ward 2 updates:
- South Caswell Hill Project: the second phase of the environmental assessment is mostly complete. Both the administration and community representatives are working toward the next stages of this project and there will be a report to Council by fall.
- SW Transportation Study: the proposed closures at Spadina Cres. West, 11th St West and Ave H South are at public hearing on Tuesday the 23rd during the 6pm meeting. You can find the agenda for that meeting online, and if you would like to come and speak to Council during the hearing, no notice is necessary, simply come to the meeting and wait for the chair to call for people who wish to speak to the item when it comes up. I've received a lot of feedback about this issue, and want to thank all of you for engaging in this project over the years. Of note, the remainder of the transportation project will be presented separately.
- Upcoming work: wondering what road work might be taking place in your neighbourhood? Check out some of the plans here.
- Congratulations to the Riversdale, Caswell Hill and King George communities who have held successful community cleanups so far this spring. Two communities - Pleasant Hill and Westmount - have cleanups coming up later this month or next. Consider joining in! Details listed in the 'community news' section below
City-wide updates & happenings:
- Victoria Day holiday: City hall will be closed, and parking is free. Check full operating impacts at the City of Saskatoon here.
- With spring in full swing, Sidewalk and Road work is now taking place across the city and ward. There have been many questions about when elements of this work will be done or not. Please feel free to check out some of the schedule here.
- Some of the work we're doing is to improve accessibility through curb cuts (ramps at sidewalk corners) If you're keen to see a new curb cut near you, please email email@example.com to indicate which corner and at which intersection.
- Street sweeping season is underway with a pre-sweep phase, which will be followed by neighbourhood-wide sweeps. Head to the site to check out when your area will be swept. As always, signage will be put out ahead of time to let you know when to move your vehicle.
- Report a Pothole online! You know that pothole that's been bugging you? Indicate it on the map to be sure it doesn't get missed - photos welcome. You can also report potholes by calling 306-975-2476
Consultations to participate in:
- Share your thoughts about the Protected Bike lanes project here
- Nature City Festival takes place May 23-28. There are many interesting activities around the Ward including at the Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area. Full schedule here
- Reconciliation Saskatoon has launched it's month of activities. See the press release and plan to join in on the events - especially the Rock your Roots walk on June 21 in Victoria Park.
- Congratulations to the organizers and all of the participants of Bike to Work Week. Tomorrow is the last day - maybe it's the excuse you've been waiting for to try out two wheels for your trip to work!
- Community Cleanups are a great way to help keep our neighbourhoods safe and clean. Consider joining in!
Pleasant Hill - May 27. 9am-3pm; Meet in the parking lot behind Affinity Credit Union on Ave P and 20th St W
Westmount - June 10. 10am-1pm; Meet on Bedford Road between Aves K and L.
Need to talk to the City?
Find a list of citizen service phone numbers here.
My 2017 Appointments:
Please note that these appointments help to focus my work, but do not limit my scope.
Strategic Priority: Community Safety and Wellness
Standing Policy Committee on Planning, Development and Community Services
Standing Policy Committee on Environment, Utilities and Corporate Services
Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee
Saskatoon Accessibility Advisory Committee
Saskatoon Public Library Board
Riversdale Business Improvement District
Saskatoon Housing Initiatives Partnership
Saskatoon Ideas Inc. Board of Directors
Don't hesitate to write, call, or catch me in person to discuss an issue or ask any questions you might have. If you need to speak with someone urgently, please consult the list of phone numbers above, or call the Clerk's office: 306-975-3240
Do you like this page?